Monday, April 26, 2010

God is bigger than me...

So my husband's new work schedule consists of him leaving at 7:30 am and returning at 7:15 pm. its a big adjustment in our household because ben is super hands on in the household. he used to get up with the boys at 7:00 and sit with them till 8 (while i slept of course) and cuddle and love on them. now...he gets in the shower at 7 and i am forced to wake my sorry butt up and go get the boys milk and cuddle them or get them ready for preschool, bible study, or whatever it is that week. but mornings i can try to do...evenings were haunting me...i am used to ben coming home at 6:20 and sitting down and eating together as a family. we talk and eat and catch up on the day. but now he walks in at 7:15 and plays with the kids (forgoing eating cause he'd rather see them for 45 minutes before they go to bed.) then its off to bed for them. and that's it. he sees the kids for about 45 minutes a DAY!...it's sad....but here's the awesome thing. my silver lining....it's me...(isn't it always about me! :) ) and it's God....i am usually frantic and crazy on days when ben came home at 6:20 to eat. i was done and living for the minute ben walked thru the door. but now, there are so many people praying for our home during this transition that it's been calm. that's against my very nature! i am not calm...but the nights have been calm. am i tired? heck yea! am i ready for ben to come home? oh yes....but yet, its calm and happy and doable. and i really thought it wasn't going to be doable. it shows me just how amazing God is. why is it that i am always surprised when God answers prayers.?! he is so faithful and truly is the peace that transcends all understanding in our home!