Thursday, September 24, 2009

Preschool Mama

Tonight i had a parents meeting for zander's preschool. it was a weird sensation for me....sitting there, listening to them talk about school and knowing i have a child old enough to be a part. christmas programs, fundraisers, fieldtrips, etc. and then my sons teacher informs me that she is also 28. to which she says, "wow you got busy early!" thank you...yes i did. i feel like i'm completely unprepared for my son to be in preschool. i was even the mom who asked "what do people generally bring for bday treats" when the teacher brought up birthday treats. i honestly had no idea. so much pressure to not be the nerd mom! but i also sat there and was so proud to be zander's mom. to see the pictures he made on the wall, and the artwork he had made, just brought a lot of joy to my heart. i started imagining what he'd do for the christmas program, and how much fun we'd have on the field trips, and what i was going to half to do to convince my mom to bring her bug collection to his class. i'm excited and overwhelmed at the same time.

No comments: