Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Zander's 1st day of Preschool!

how did my baby get so old?! today marked the beginning of the many days that lie ahead...school days. SO WEIRD! he's only going 2 days a week but is on the waiting list for three days. he's attending the preschool across the street from us at the church we used to attend. its a great school and i really like his teacher. we all hauled up and walked over to the school in the morning and zander was so cute carrying his lunchbox. ronan had to bring a backpack to be like zander. once we got there zander just took off. i had to slowly walk him threw where to put his lunch, his cubby, etc. given the choice he would have thrown the lunch and gone off running. i also got to pray with him right before we went in which brought more peace to me than him.
when zander was first born a friend of ours (the mccloughans from rbc) gave us a book called the kissing hand. the little raccoon starts school and and his mom kisses his palm before he goes to school so he can hold onto the warmth of his mother when he gets scared. well i got to give my little baby a little palm kiss and i thought i'd cry right there. my emotions were all over the place cause i was so excited for zander and knowing how excited he was, but just so sad that we had reached this point in his upbringing.
so the walk home was very very long. i fought back tears the whole time. but while he was gone ronan and i got some sweet time together and he helped me with some work around the house. before we knew it, it was time to get 'bubba' (that's what ro calls him). zander was babbling like a crazy person. he was so excited and loved everything he did. he asked if he could go to school every single day forever! it was adorable. he also asked me if i cried for him and when i said a little, he replied with, "its ok to cry and cry for me mama. i still love you". oh my! i love that little guy.
so that's it. i'll get pics up soon!
ps. for jay, he wore all star wars with his darth vader backpack.

2 comments:

Jen said...

is it ok if i cry, too? even taking abby to gymnastics for the first time and watching her make friends, follow her teacher, and completely throw herself into something that didn't involve us, made me tear up. preschool? i'll be going through a box of tissue that day.

your little boy is so sweet and how exciting for him to be in school now! and maybe ronan will settle down a little now that he has some more mom time? hopefully?

Ann Tepfers DoTerra Essential Oils said...

Seriously, that made me tear up to. The kissing hand makes me want to bawl. On Jameys first day of school, I had to stamp his hand with a lip stamp.. so he would have a kiss from mama all day. Oh my.. if I hadn't had Caleb and Gracie with me.. I would have crumbled to the floor.