Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Happy birthday to me!!!

Sunday was my 27th birthday! woo hooo for me! it was a good, but terribly sad and emotional day. i got sirius radio from my dear hubby for my car and that is a wonderful gift! that morning i got a call from my dear friend who's mother is dying from pancreatic cancer. apparently her mother had taken a horrible turn for the worst. my mother is very good friends with this lady so it hit us both close to home. that afternoon after a fabulous lunch with my family at a huge buffet filled with sushi, we went to the hospice facility here in san diego. my mom spent some time with her friend while our small group women rallied around the daughter. the husband was trying desperately hard to get home as he was up in seattle for an overnight. i swear i cried a lot that day.
that night my parents and the boys and ben all got together at my parents house for cake and ice cream. red velvet cake of course! it was sooooo good! they got me some wonderful goodies too! especially the fabulous flash for my camera! wooo hooooo! and i get my hair cut tomorrow! yeah!!!! i've no idea what i'm going to do though.
also, ronan has started walking on his own now! about time i tell you! zander was 9 months when he started walking and ronan is over 11! he's still timid but he can do it. he's such a goof ball too and is constantly making me laugh.
we also got a swingset that the boys absolutely love playing on! it keeps us very entertained.
lastly, i've started exercising finally. baby steps of course. i've been speed walking every morning with my dad for about 1/2 hour. not much, but hey, it's a start. it's been a very blessed time to get to walk alone with my dad and just talk. no little boys around!
oh, there's more i guess. today my mom and i went for a peaceful lunch at p.f. changs and it was sooo good. i ate slow and had a hot meal for once! yeah for ben being home from work to watch the boys! then we cruised the mall and did some shopping. it was a great time together and something we both needed.
then tonight my small group celebrated my bday! they are such a good group and i love them dearly! thanks guys for my great gifts! i got to wear a tiara for the night too! ann, you know me so well!

1 comment:

A Davis said...

well, nine months is freakin' early and eleven months is normal. :) i'm so sorry to hear of the death of your friend...praying...