Sunday, April 26, 2009

Jade and allergies

i think jade is allergic to cow's milk. both my brothers are and my oldest brother started to show symptoms at 7 weeks (thank you to my mother who wrote that down in his baby book). jade is 7 weeks on tuesday and on friday she got a rash all over her face just like my brother did. the last week she's been spitting up more and more and sleeping less and less restfully. she wakes up to spit up and scream from gas. all my kids had gas, so i understand that, but this is constant gas. so off to the doctor i go tomorrow. i will feel so bad for her if she is allergic and the boys aren't. i wasn't allergic to cow's milk but my parents raised me like i was and never even tried to find out if i was or not because my brother's were. it wasn't till college that i tried milk and ate chocolate and realized i wasn't allergic. i just don't want that life for her like i had. :( but i guess with the vast amount of people with allergies now there are more ways around it. i understand my parents choice to raise me that way because it would be hard to have special treatment for one child while the other ones missed out. but it still sucked! stay tuned to find out what the verdict is....

No comments: