Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Update on surgeries

We are done! Tuesday morning we woke ronan up at 7 am to take him to the hospital. he could not have ANY food or drink after he woke up. when i got to the hospital they told me they didn't have him on the surgery list and that my dr's office didn't open till 8. so we waited and they finally got ahold of the dr who forgot to have his office call and put us on the schedule...but after more waiting they worked us in. so we had to wait till 10:30! in the waiting room ronan kept attacking the diaper bag trying to find food or milk, and if he saw someone with any food or drink he took off after them and just about mauled them! poor little guy. so the waiting was the worst and then they took us back. the worst part was having the nurse take him from me and him looking at me with those big blue eyes wondering what was going on? but he got to keep his doggy and pacifier with him so that was good. i was in the waiting room for about 8 minutes when they told me he was done. his right ear was worse than the other but overall everything was easy. he woke up about ten minutes after the surgery and i got to just sit by his bed and hold him. he was so cuddly. and then he drank two full glasses of juice but kept them down. so we got to leave. as soon as we got home ronan ate like a crazy child! then he went to sleep and slept for 3 1/2 hours. poor little guy. as soon as he woke up he was crazy! so active, so happy, so energetic! and it has been like that ever since. all day today he's just been a different little guy. i'm so glad we had it done.
as for me, i went to have my area removed off my thigh ('not normal mole biopsy'). sat there for 1/2 hour, got prepped, was ready for shots when the dr asked if any thing new had happened since the last time she saw me. i said i was 8 weeks pregnant and she stopped nd said, umm. we can't do this. so i now have to wait till the 2nd trimester. i was so frustrated because i was psyched out for it and totally freaked. blah. so oct. 14 now.
thanks for everyone's prayers and toughts!

1 comment:

Miranda said...

Well stink, I'm sorry. I had a mole removed when I was preggi with Squeaker (which was a pain because I was being crazy careful and didn't ever take tylenol even though it required stitches)...weird that they wouldn't let you. Nice to see you yesterday- looking forward to the 20th. :)