Friday, January 1, 2010

the week from hell.

this week has been riddled with illness after illness. i'm so done with it all. it started with zander getting sick and it going into a sinus infection...not an ear infection. the after hours doctor was crazy. the next day z woke up vomiting and jade had not slept all night so i took them both in. the stupid P.A. said that z was gagging on his snot and that jade was fine. that night z started feeling better but jade was up ALL NIGHT...so the following evening ben took jade in to after hours pediatrics and they said she had the worst ear infection they'd seen in a while. ok so in 24 hours she went from nothing to a raging ear infection?! doubtful....stupid P.A. then the next night ronan got really sick and wasn't sleeping. he was coughing and weezing. so i had to take him to after hours by myself with ALL the kids cause ben wasn't out from work yet and it was the only appointment. we got there and they confirmed ro was wheezing and that his oxygen levels were low. so they did a breathing treatment there (did i mention i was there with three kids...) and gave us more antibiotics and an inhaler. and then she warned me the meds in the inhaler and the breathing treatment were going to make him hyper. aka...CRAZY! then the next night (that's thursday night in case you've lost track...yes that's tues, wed. and thur night) i went to the urgent care cause my ear was killing me and i couldn't stop coughing. cause i had been sick all week too. a fever for three days all while trying to take care of my sick kids. its been great let me tell you....anyways, apparently no ear infection for me, just really big glands pushing on my ear. but i did get the good stuff cough meds...yea for that. so now we are slowly on the mend. its been a long week. i did things i didn't think i was capable of while being so sick. like running from ronans room to jades room while they both cried during their naps from being so sick...and then i sat outside the room and bawled from being so sick myself. but man, God does give you strength in your weakness. i had lots of people praying for me and it was greatly felt.

a funny story about today. we went to fuddruckers for lunch cause we all really needed to get out of the house. well i was on the phone talking to my friend ann and holding jade on my hip. ben was watching the boys play. he came up and took jade and i sort of saw him say to her, "are you stinky jade?" then he pulls her up and sees the poop running down her leg...then his shirt....all covered with yellow poop....then i realize i should also look down...yup, all over my sweatshirt...i screamed to ann that i had to go and ran to the bathroom. but to make matters worse, i had ONE wipe left in my case. ONE WIPE! thats what you get for staying home for a week...you forget to check the diaper bag. so i had to get creative. her sock, her pants, then i got a poor little girl standing in horror watching me, to get paper towels and wet them for me. eventually i got her cleaned up. a quick run to target and ben, jade, and i were all poop free. gotta love antibiotics.

No comments: