Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Confessions of a Shopaholic

yes, it was a cute movie but not my point tonight. i am losing a battle with shopping....i have to shop for jade. i'm drawn to baby girl clothes and accessories like a fat girl to donuts. it's ridiculous. i walk in to a grocery store and i swear i go down the baby aisle just to see if they have some weird baby toys or shoes. cause believe me, sometimes they do. my daughter does not need more clothes...nope she could wear diapers all day and be happy as a lark. (really, who says lark?! where did that come from?!) take for instance today, i went to a shopping outlet so my boys could play in the water fountain with their friends (not that the little chickens did but that's a whole other story). but i HAD to go to the carters store. i HAD to! i heard it whispering my name through the screams of the children at the fountain. the urge to throw my card down at the cashier was overwhelming. i could just imagine all the cute fall items that had been hung up for me to buy. little jade would be so cute in this that and the other. and the shoes...she needs the shoes. not because she's walking but because they are so darn cute and very photogenic. the poor girl is probably going to be a tomboy...but it doesn't matter. for a few short years i get to dress her. the urge with the boys was never there...cause really, how many polo shirts and khaki shorts does a boy need? but a girl can have skirts, dresses, tanks, a different outfit for every major holiday, boots, bows, tights, leggings, rainboots, hats, shorts, jeans, and even jeans that sparkle! oh and don't forget jewlery...cause i totally found the cutest little bracelet for her at Ross! (dress for less...that's for you casey!)
ugh....my name is larissa annen, and i'm a shopaholic....for my daughter anyways.

4 comments:

Jessica said...

I am a shopaholic for Amy too! I wish I could stop, but it is madness and it doesn't help that she really does love getting new clothing and accessories. When I can't find her, she's usually upstairs trying things on. I just go this new Russian doll graphic tee from Gap and she couldn't stop putting it on yesterday. I love the Carter's store, they had so much great clearance lately too!

A Davis said...

oh my...

Chad, Dilenna, Ashlynn, and Audree said...

Go ahead and keep shopping- just look for 18month and 4T stuff and pass it on to me!! Then, when my girls grow out of it, I'll pass it right back :)

When I had Ashlynn, my mom said "I am in biigg trouble for the next 18 years!!" just b/c of the stuff you can buy for girls :)

Anonymous said...

I am so glad that there is no shopping closer than a 4 hr drive. I too would be in trouble. Na