Sunday, August 16, 2009

mom's birthday

well i can finally blog about it. i have been working for months on putting together a 60th birthday party for my mom. my dad and i flew my brothers out (tim and jill with chase, and chris) and my mom's only brother and his wife; who i haven't seen in 9 years. we rented a yacht for a 2 hour sunset tour through the bay. it was fabulous for her. she cried like a baby when the family came out of hiding on the boat. my dad had told her that she was going on complimetary boat tour for small business owners and community people. so she thought there were going to be other couples that she didn't know on the tour. man was she relieved. i think they all had fun and enjoyed getting caught back up with eachother. i spent most of the time inside and rocking jade and serving food. i wish i could have sat out on the front of the boat more, but well, my job was to make sure everyone else was having a good time.
today we all skipped church cause i was pooped. ben had to go cause he had a potluck afterwards for worship. well that and he leads worship right? we all went out to lunch at el toritos and ate like little piggies on the buffet. it's always challenging for me cause i have three kids and no one else does. tim and jill have chase but he slept and is just one. i feel like i never get to talk to anyone cause i'm always taking care of the kids. i love my kids, but without ben it's just a lost cause.
i'll have to post pics later.

1 comment:

EveryChapter said...

How fun! I'm glad your Mom had such a great time. And I so agree on feeding kids- you love them and all, but adult conversation is a lost cause...