Wednesday, July 22, 2009

just stuff

so my shoulder is doing better. thanks for all those who asked to help. ben took a day off (thanks ariel!) to let me go a day without lifting a 30 lb kid. that day seemed to help a lot and by tuesday my shoulder/arm was just really really sore. but much better than shooting pain. so i'm happy about that. my brother and his family are gone now. i have to say that i am pooped! the boys are pretty wore out too! i don't think they stopped one day while they were here. zoo, museums, beach, park, legoland, etc. and all in 90+ degree heat. it's been tough.

but on monday i had jade's 4 month dr. appointment. thank God ben was with me cause i don't know how i would have handled her. anyways, she's 15 lbs 14 oz (91%) and 26 1/4" (99%). it's funny cause she's a whole inch shorter than both boys at this age, but yet for a girl she's at 99%. no wonder i spent my whole life feeling huge next to boys. my daughter will probably deal with the same thing.

things with ronan have been going much better. maybe he's turning a corner. or maybe the sun's getting to him. either way, he's been doing better behaviorally. he's still a cuddly little thing and i swear there is nothing better than him coming trodding down the hall (resembling an elephant with his thudding walk) and jumping into my lap after his nap and saying "whats up mommy?" thats my boy. then randomly at dinner he starts flapping his fists at me. it took me a little longer than it probably should have to realize he's trying to hit knuckles with me to be 'tool' aka 'cool'. so cute!

but today's frustration comes with legos. legos are the most torturous things ever invented. we got this starter box of legos for z after he went to legoland. on the front are all these cute little lego block things...(is lego block redundant?) zander tells me he wants me to make this silly snail looking thing on the front. a SNAIL?! so 1/2 hour later with my son yelling at me that it's taking "FOREVER" and "come on mommy it's not that hard, just DO IT!", i have a silly looking snail. then what does zander do? he takes it, walks off, and accidentally drops it! are you kidding me?! so back to square one since no, i don't retain the info in my brain to remake it once i've done it once. BLAH! the best part is this....after daddy gets home z shows him the snail and goes, i don't know why she didn't follow the directions....DIRECTIONS?! oh yea, on the table.....poop.

3 comments:

EveryChapter said...

Okay- so you don't really need to know this but hey, what are friends for? I used to work at Lego Land (for three days) and the proper word is besides um, me of course...they used to coach us constantly to call them Lego bricks and not "Legos" So there you have it. Glad you're felling better!

EveryChapter said...

somehow the above comment got messed up...please insert "Lego brick, who knew?" between "proper word is" and "besides, um" Thanks

Anonymous said...

It took me awhile to make the snail too. Ian ripped up the directions, little stinker. I got tired of stepping on random Lego pieces so I put them up on a high shelf so everyone will forget we have them! Na