Sunday, July 19, 2009

my dumb shoulder

so of course i would go and do something that would make my life as terribly and unfuctional as possible. and of course it would be by doing something totally not possible by any other living human. i swear. so on thursday we were headed to seaworld. i met my brother and his fam at their hotel. now i'm going to try to explain this as best as possible, but i wish i had a visual instead. anyways, i was standing on the edge of the back door of the minivan. i had my arm stuck through onto the front seat. i went to step down and realized my arm was in fact going to be wedged between the seat and the door jam/seatbelt thingy....so i start to twist but then fall faster, cause well, let's face it, i'm a big girl. so my arm sticks, squeezes, then my shoulder stretches out and pulls. oh man it was painful. i instantly have a huge bruise down the back of my arm and my shoulder starts killing me. but off to seaworld i go. and i carried jade in the baby bjorn all day. and it was hot. then friday off to the zoo, more carrying of jade, more pain. so friday night i went to urgent care. i got some xrays and did find out that i have some wear on my shoulder from a previous injury or something. probably vball. but that does explain why my shoulder is always hurting. so all in all, i guess i pulled the tendon down the back of my arm. and they gave me a dumb sling. but do you know what? its my right arm...i'm right handed. sooo....what can i do with my sling on? umm...NOTHING! so i don't wear it much. which means it hurts more. which is not good. i haven't had anytime to let it just rest without lifting kids. tonight i lost it and cried like a baby. stupid baby crying...thats me. but as a mom you don't get to stop and nurse a wound...you keep going. cause you have to. you don't get a day off. blah. it just hurts bad. really really bad. dumbness. i think i'm going to go outside and kick the mini van. just out of principal. oh and did i mention i have a 40 lb infant that needs to be held...a lot. that's good times on my shoulder.
ok i'm having a whiny fest. sorry i don't mean to use this blog for sympathy and tears. wait, yes i do. WHINE WITH ME! FEEL BAD FOR ME! SEND FLOWERS AND CANDY! and maybe some money! thanks!

2 comments:

mejane said...

You poor thing. How about at least some dinner? Or, I can stop by after work tomorrow and watch the kids for a couple hours while you rest. I get off at 12:30 and can be at your place by 12:45. Let me know.

A Davis said...

i can send good thought vibes your way...yep, that's about it. wish i could just come by and pick up one of your boys or something, but, oh right, i live 2000 MILES AWAY!